TERMS & CONDITIONS
WHO MAY ENTER
7. Entrants must submit their entries by midday AEST on Monday 13 September 2021 (‘Cut Off Date’) by:
(a) uploading their film to a sharing platform (such as Google Drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer);
(b) completing the online entry form via the MobileMuster Competition website (mobilemuster.com.au/competition). The entry form requires Entrants to provide the video link to the film and to upload a minimum of three still images from their film.
8. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that:
(a) the video link and files works. In terms of video format, high resolution MP4 is preferred.
9. By entering the Competition, Entrants acknowledge that (or in the case of an entry submitted on behalf of a minor, group or class, then the parent, guardian or teacher acknowledges that) in addition to these Terms and Conditions.
10. Entries must be original works made specifically for the 2021 Competition and created between 1 April 2021 and the Cut Off Date of 13 September 2021. Each film must be no longer than one minute in length, including any credits. Films may only be submitted once, however Entrants may submit multiple entries provided each entry differs significantly from any others submitted by that Entrant (as determined by AMTA in its sole discretion).
11. AMTA accepts no responsibility for any entry form or film that is submitted after the Cut Off Date or not uploaded correctly or which is otherwise damaged. AMTA may refuse to accept any entry that it considers contains discriminatory, defamatory or inappropriate content or which is otherwise not suitable for an audience under 18 years of age. We recommend that Entrants complete their entry submission well ahead of the Cut Off Date to allow for unforeseen issues that may arise.
12. AMTA will inform Entrants by email if their film has been accepted or not accepted into the Competition.
13. By entering a film in the Competition, the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that (and in the case of an entry submitted on behalf of a minor, group or class, then the parent, guardian or teacher acknowledges and agrees that):
(a) AMTA and Planet Ark may use the whole or any part of the film, including still images resulting from the film, and any reproduction or adaptation of the film or its images, including use with other film, images or other material, for promotional, awareness and other purposes to assist AMTA and Planet Ark to achieve its aims and in any manner using any medium it chooses including transmission across their channels (including but not limited to websites, social media, YouTube, events, television advertisements and other promotional channels);
(b) all subjects appearing in the film submitted by the Entrant have consented in writing to their appearance in the film, if not using AMTA’s form of consent, then on terms the scope of which extends to include AMTA and Planet Ark’s purposes of use, as set out in these Terms & Conditions, and where subjects are minors such consent has been given by their parent or guardian;
(d) in respect of school group or class entries, signed consents have been obtained from the parent or guardian of each child appearing in the film in the form required by the child’s school (or if the school does not have a prescribed form of consent, then using AMTA’s template form of consent, available here on the MobileMuster website;
(e) upon AMTA’s request, the Entrant will promptly provide to AMTA copies of the signed consent form; and
(f) AMTA is not responsible for obtaining consents from subjects in any Competition entry and will not accept responsibility for consequences arising from any failure on the part of the Entrant to obtain such consent in a form approved by AMTA.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
14. Entrants (and in the case of an entry submitted on behalf of a minor, group or class, then the parent, guardian or teacher) consent to the collection of their personal information by AMTA for the purposes of conducting and promoting the Competition. Personal information may include an Entrant’s image, name, address, telephone number, email address, age and (in the case of a school group or class entry, the name of their school).
15. The names, ages, year level, school name and photo image of Entrants whose films are shortlisted will be announced on AMTA’s websites and via its communication channels. The names, ages, year level, school name and photo image of finalists will be announced at the screening event, in media releases and on AMTA’s communication channels.
16. AMTA may disclose Entrant personal information to Competition Partner and founder and organiser of National Recycling Week, Planet Ark Environmental Foundation ABN 26 057 221 95 (Planet Ark), for the purpose of enabling Planet Ark to conduct and promote the Competition, but for no other purpose.
17. AMTA will not disclose Entrant personal information other than as permitted by these Terms and Conditions, without your consent.
18. Copyright considerations are the responsibility of the Entrant and AMTA requires Entrants to comply in all respects with the Copyright Act 1968. This means that any content used as part of the entry must be wholly created by the Entrant or, where third party works are used in the entry, the Entrant has obtained written permission from the copyright holder agreeing for their work to be included as part of the entry.
19. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure that they have permission to reproduce any third party materials in their entry, including any images, music, brand names or logos (including school crests and logos which may appear in the film). Where third party material is accessed under a Creative Commons licence, Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they comply with the licence terms and that the author of the licensed work is properly attributed.
20. AMTA takes no responsibility for any: (a) infringement of copyright by the Entrant in the production of their entry; and (b) failure by an Entrant to obtain the necessary authorisations.
21. The Entrant warrants and represents to AMTA that:
(a) their film (and any material contained in their film, including, but not limited to, any clip) does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. Entrants (and in the case of minors, their parent or guardian) agree to indemnify and keep indemnified AMTA against any loss, damages, costs, expenses, demands or liability, whether direct or indirect, arising out of a claim of infringement of intellectual property rights by any third party; and
(b) it is legally entitled to grant the licence referred to in paragraph 22.
AMTA’S USE OF ENTRIES
22. The Entrant:
(a) retains ownership of its intellectual property rights in its film;
(b) grants to AMTA a three (3) year exclusive, royalty free, irrevocable, transferable licence to use, reproduce, adapt, modify and transmit the film, any part of it, including any image derived from the film, and the intellectual property rights incorporated in the film (regardless of the form of media which contains the film), for the purposes described in paragraph 13(a),
provided that AMTA credits the individual Entrant and/or school (as applicable) when screening, publishing or otherwise using the film material.
23. The licence granted to AMTA under paragraph 22 terminates on the earlier of three (3) years from the start date of National Recycling Week on 8 November 2021 or the date AMTA notifies the Entrant in writing that it wishes to terminate the licence.
24. Entries will be judged in a two-stage process. In the first stage, entries will be judged by a panel of AMTA employees against the (‘Judging Criteria’). Shortlisted entries progress to the second stage and will be judged by a Competition judging panel consisting of representatives from the creative film industry, education industry and environmental industry professionals (‘Judges’).
25. The Judges will critique the film entries against the Judging Criteria to decide the finalists and winners in each of the following categories:
(b) Secondary; and
26. The Judges will select up to four Entrants as finalists in each category, who will be announced on 11 October 2020.
27. Finalists will receive prizes.
28. From the finalists, the Judges will select a winner in each category, to be announced at the start of National Recycling Week on 8 November 2021.
29. Details of prizes for each category are available on the Competition website (mobilemuster.com.au/competition).
30. The Judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the judging process or any outcomes reached.
31. AMTA and its affiliates, along with their respective directors, officers and employees, assume no liability for any loss or damage suffered by an Entrant including but not limited to any direct or indirect loss or personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of preparing the Entrant’s film, entering or promoting the Competition, attending the screening event or industry experience day, or accepting any prize, except to the extent such liability cannot be excluded by law.