MOBILEMUSTER IN COUNCILS
Nominations are now open for the 2014 Local Government Awards! For more information, click here.
MobileMuster partners with over 330 local councils around Australia, with 900 collection points in operation. Read our case studies on the award-winning programs and initiatives that councils have run to encourage the community to participate in the program. Our work with councils has two main objectives:
- To increase awareness of recycling
- To promote local recycling options to the community through council websites, publications, rate notices and events
- To help communities develop a better understanding of the recycling process
- To support recycling in local schools with the MobileMuster schools program
- To set up and host collection points in council chambers, customer service centres, libraries, waste transfer stations or recycling centres
- To provide co-branded, free recycling satchels for households
- To integrate the collection of mobile phones with general e-Waste drop off days (e.g. as part of the National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme)
Community Recycling Centres
MobileMuster can assist councils in establishing Community Recycling Centres that integrate recycling collections to include mobile phones, batteries and accessories. We are able to assist your council in setting up a free mobile phone and accessories collection service as part of your Community Recycling Centre. To read our fact sheet, click here.
Here are some great MobileMuster Posters that you can download, print and display at your local MobileMuster collection points and libraries.
MobileMuster has created MusterKidsZone where your community can learn about the environmental benefits of mobile phone recycling through games, animations, environmental calculators and downloads.
Where it's necessary to sort and separate mobiles from general waste collected, councils or their recyclers may be eligible for a rebate of $2 (+gst) per kg. Contact us to find out more.
Register and receive resources & support
Once registered, your council will receive free promotional material including posters, brochures, stickers, and collection units (if required). As well as this, you'll have access to electronic tools and information to help promote the program. MobileMuster will even help you launch your involvement and provide ongoing communications support, plus a free pick-up service.
Booking a pick-up
You can book a FREE pick-up by contacting our team on 1800 249 113, or by booking online. You're required to transfer your collection into a plain cardboard box so it's ready for transporting.
When you book a pick-up, our collections team will provide you with a reference number that you'll need to write on the box. This should match the paperwork of the courier driver that comes to collect it.