Give your old phone a second life through recycling. Pick up a MobileMuster satchel at your nearest JB Hi-Fi store and fill it up with all your old mobile phones and accessories. Drop off your satchel at any AustPost box or post office. It’s that easy!
What can be recycled?
What we accept for recycling all makes and models of mobile phones, chargers and accessories. We also recycle your wearables including smart watches and fitness trackers.
What happens in the recycling process?
MobileMuster provides a safe and secure recycling process for your old mobile phones and accessories. We dismantle all of the devices and recover over 95% of the materials . The components are processed separately through shredding, crushing, heating and smelting techniques to maximise resource recovery. Any data left on your destroyed in the recycling process.
What are the environmental benefits?
Mobile phones are made from numerous materials including precious metals and through recycling we reduce the need to mine and take less from the earth. The environmental benefit of recycling our mobile phones is gained from avoiding future greenhouse gas emissions, saving energy, protecting the environment and conserving natural resources. By recycling your mobile phone today you will be helping reduce the impact on the environment of tomorrow.
What you can do to protect your data?
Before you recycle, sell or give away your mobile phone, you should remove your personal information. If your mobile phone is still working watch our How to videos and follow our steps for managing data on your Android or iOS device. Instructions can vary depending on your mobile phone. If you still need help, look up your phone manufactures website or contact their support services.
Who is MobileMuster?
MobileMuster is the recycling program of the telecommunications industry, funded by the handset manufacturers and the network providers. The program is 100% carbon neutral and accredited by the Federal Government.
Learn what happens to your old mobile phone when you recycle with MobileMuster.
We’ll show you how easy it is to safely manage the data on your old Android and iOS phone so that it’s ready to be reused or recycled. Remember that instructions can vary depending on your mobile phone. If you need help, look up the phone manufactures website.
2. Back up or transfer files and information you want to keep to a computer or online storage. You can back up your old phone to your cloud, Google account or by connecting your phone to a computer.Google Photos app is a good option to backup your photos.
4. Perform a reset. A reset will erase all the data from your device. Open your phones settings app. Select backup and reset. Select factory data reset.
6. If your phone is damaged and you’re unable to remove the data, no problem. MobileMuster makes sure all your data is destroyed in the recycling process.
1. Back up your phone to iCloud or a computer.
2. Disconnect any Apple-paired devices that are connected to your phone.
3. Log out of all your accounts such as iTunes an the App store. This will remove your phone from Find my iPhone. If you are switching to a non-Apple phone, you’ll need to logout of iMessage.
4. Perform a reset. A reset will erase all settings, apps and content from your device’s internal storage.
5. If you need help, contact Apple Support.
6. If your phone is damaged and you’re unable to remove the data, no problem. MobileMuster makes sure all your data is destroyed in the recycling process
Complete the form below and we will send you a MobileMuster JB Hi-Fi mailing satchel so you can safely post back your old mobiles and accessories for free. You can track your old phones and accessories using the tracking number on the satchel. This will give you piece of mind that your mobile phones are delivered securely to our recycling facilities.
While we make every effort to ensure that the material and information on this website is accurate and up-to-date when published, it is general information intended as a guide only. Please keep in mind that you are solely responsible to ensure that any personal information has been erased from your mobile device prior to drop off. Any data that has not been removed from your mobile device will be destroyed as promptly as practicable as part of the recycling process. MobileMuster does not accept any responsibility or liability for any lost, damaged or destroyed files or data. If needed, seek advice relevant to your mobile phone from the manufacturer.